Sunday, March 5, 2017

Not Today



Good day! This is the continuation of my blog last time about BTS because up until now, I still can’t move on with their new song entitled ‘Not Today’ that was published on February 19, 2017. And as of today the music video has now 40,278,247 views. I will talk about the music video itself because for me the MV is so lit and also the beat and dance steps. I will give a reaction based on my learnings in our subject ‘Film Theories’ about the technical aspects like cinematography, editing and visual design. Even though the MV is not a film I think it can be applied in the MV.


The MV has several aerial shots that helped the choreography to be seen clearly; the scene when they were dancing with their back-up dancers, when they were running on the first scene and also when the MV was about to end. Panning and tilting can also be seen throughout the MV, from the very first scene of the MV up to the scene of Rap Monster walking in the basement. The MV has also different shots but I will not mention those. The color of the MV is also great; from the scene of Jungkook, the color was pinkish white and also the scene of Rap Monster in the second verse of the song, the color was blue-ish. When they are dancing the color is quite pink and white. The dance steps were greatly executed because it was edited in a good way. The impact of the dance steps were clearly seen because of the way the video was edited.



For me, the whole music video was great and I think I watched the music video several time. Whenever I am watching on YouTube, I always play this MV it’s just that I can’t move on. I just want to apologize because I didn’t put GIFs of the scene that I mentioned because I can’t convert the video itself. So, I will let you watch the MV here so enjoy! BTS FIGHTING! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment