Sunday, January 15, 2017

Every day with DAY6


Photo from Google
I’m not sure if everyone is familiar with this boy band group. They are not the type of group that can sing and dance at the same time unlike GOT7 and BIGBANG that I featured before. This group is a rock band formed by JYP Entertainment, honestly I’m a JYP stan and I don’t know why. This group is the junior of GOT7 since they debuted last 2015 after GOT7 debuted. I would like to introduce to you my favorite Korean rock band DAY6! This group consists of six members of course but Junhyeok left the group due to dating controversy that’s why only five members were left named Sung Jin, Jae, Brian/Young K, Won Pil, and Do Woon.

Photo from Google
I’ll just give you guys some information for you to be familiar with them. Park Sung Jin, the leader of the group, is the main vocalist and is in charge with the guitar. He’s from Busan South Korea. Next is Park Jae Hyung, he’s the main guitarist, rapper and also the vocalist of the band. He’s from California. Third is Brian Kang or Kang Young Hyun, he’s the bassist, vocalist and the main rapper of the band. He is from Toronto Canada. Fourth is Kim Won Pil, he is the synthesizer and also the vocalist of the band. He is from South Korea. The last is Yoon Do Woon, he's the drummer and the maknae of the band. He's also from South Korea.

Par Jae Hyung (Photo from Google)
Kang Young Hyun (Photo from Google)
When I heard their song ‘Letting Go’, I was mesmerized with the melody but when I saw the English translation of the lyrics, I felt the sadness and pain. Even in their song ‘Congratulations’, I felt the heartache that they want all the listeners to feel. I started to become curious because for me, they are so cool and their voices are so lit. I watched all their performances and even their radio guesting.  I also love their playfulness and their k-pop songs cover. My favorite members are Jae and Young K because I love their voice and their cover of English songs. Their group can sing English songs and that’s the main reason why I love them. I love Jae and Young K’s cover of ‘She Will Be Loved’ by Maroon 5 and also ‘Lost Star’ by Adam.


One thing that I noticed about them is that most of their songs are about heartbreaks and I am so curious why they wrote this kind of songs.  I want this group to be recognized worldwide and I know that they deserve it because they are all great singers. They released a new song entitled ‘I wait’ and I hope that this will be a success.

Here are the videos of them singing ‘She Will Be Loved’ and ‘Lost Star’. J


















No comments:

Post a Comment