Saturday, December 3, 2016

A LETTER FROM A FAN


First, let me introduce myself; I am Mary Jane Miranda, an avid fan of KPOP and Korean Dramas. I am a fan of the group named GOT7 who was formed by JYP Entertainment. They debuted last January 16, 2014 and they are the reason why I started loving the Korean culture. However, I know that many people hate KPOP because they think that most of the male idols are gays, girl idols are not talented, and most of them underwent plastic surgeries. Hearing those criticisms are not new to me because I know that everyone has different tastes in idolizing someone.  But for me, there is nothing wrong with them and their doings. I am not saying this because I love them; what I am saying is that it's their lives and we have no right to judge them or degrade them.


Other people tend to say bad things about these idols because they don't know how passionate they are. Their 3-4 years of training before debut and concerts is not a joke yet people who don't understand them will just criticize them. Before I became a fan, I don't like KPOP just like the other people. I don't like seeing their pictures and music videos until I appreciated their music and dance. First I became curious so I searched their group, music videos and stuff. I did that for 2-3 months. After my curiosity has been satisfied, I started to love them. I did things I never did before like staying up all night to stalk their accounts, memorize the lyrics of their songs and even the Romanization, and watch Korean shows.

It hurts me whenever people pass on judgments on us KPOP fans. Some even call us jejemons and corny. But again, they have no idea about the hardships we face, especially to those who live overseas. They don't know how hard it is for us to wait for the English subtitles so we can understand what they are saying, to wait for their comebacks, and to search for the English translations of the lyrics of their songs. These are the little things that many do not notice because they are too busy to see their flaws. I want to enlighten all the haters that KPOP and Korean culture is as precious as diamonds for us. I want them to realize the importance of these idols to every fan's life and understand that we love them because they deserve to be loved and idolized.
                                                                       






No comments:

Post a Comment